Friday, March 13, 2009

Sometimes, I'm too passionate. I need to calm down, or take it down a notch.

I had this ambitious plan this morning about exploring some Beijing hutongs (old alleyways with unique architecture), and taking pictures to my hearts content. But after going to the gym, making myself some lunch, I ended up just getting a massage instead. Turns out, that is what I actually needed. 

I do feel, however, a little disappointed in myself. That is not really like me...to just bypass a creative venture like that. Especially when these were the first days off when I actually didn't have to do anything related to unpacking boxes or buying something for my apartment. I think my body was just saying "rest".

I'm glad I did. Now, I'm in a coffee shop, just catching up on emails, talking to a friend, and playing with pictures. I feel like I caught up with myself, in a sense. And, its ok. Today was a restful day. Looking forward to my next weekend though, when I'm going to do some serious exploring. The atmosphere here in Beijing really demands exploration.

No comments: