Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I've been pouring out my heart over Chad Lawson's "Song for Prayer" this past week. I've had so many things go wrong, and I could feel myself starting to loose my ground and becoming warn out...and then, I discovered this song. Its a 30 minute, completely improvised, instrumental piano piece. Lawson simply went into the studio and took a deep breath and touched the piano keys, and the result is "song for prayer." It is the most beautiful piece of music I have ever heard! It comes completely from other place. It is played with such sensitivity, peace, clarity and purpose. Its almost as if God had prepared this song in advance and was just waiting for someone to play it. As you listen to this piece, you feel as though there is conversation between him and God. It is so beautiful to listen to.

With this in the background, I sat on the floor, with my bible, and began to pray with the Psalms. This piece of music helped me come back to an intimate place with God again. I could feel myself beginning to break, my fears and anxiety begin to melt away, and I felt like God was taking me on a journey, into His heart. Reminding me of who I am in Him. And speaking to me the way He does. Singing over me. The way only He knows how.

If you have the chance to listen to this song...it will transform your prayer life. Spend time with it, meditate on God's word as you listen to it. I hear the song differently each time I listen to it...I hope that you are blessed by it.

3 comments:

Trevor Clements said...

A friend just introduced me to Mogwai, from the way you describe Song for Prayer I think you might like them too. I like the tunes I'm Jim Morrison I'm Dead and New Paths to Helicon 1. It's pretty much all instrumental and from reading comments it belongs to a genre called Post Rock. I'll give Song for Prayer a listen myself.

Trevor Clements said...

Woah, it's 30 minutes long, it's 1:25 am and my eyes and body need a rest. I think I got to pause it and finish it later. Suppose I could leave it playing as I drift off to sleep but then the glare from the screen would pounce on my eyes.

BabyLove said...

Thanks for this, Jane. I was really blessed by it. God bless your heart. Can't wait to talk with you again :) Sandy