Monday, October 6, 2008

life's seasons...

Tommorrow, I turn 26th. I didn't think this is where I would be at 26.

And, I'm happy about that.

I think about the places I have been able to travel to over the past few years, the people I have encountered, and my family and friends who support me in the life I am leading.

There is a song a friend shared with me a while back,

"throught twenty-six summers
and twenty-six wintersi’ve laughed in the springtime
i’ve cried in the rain
though i’ve questioned the meaning
of some of life’s seasons
it’s true that they’ve left me
holding on tighter to You

my one desire for the road ahead
is that we would walk it together
Friend and King, You’re my everything
may i stay by Your side forever
for when my heart’s afraid, You’re near
whispering to my soul, ‘don’t fear’"

I feel as though I have just begun to cling to something greater than myself through this whole experience. Living wide-eyed and in wonder. I hope life continues to unfold as it is.

1 comment:

bri said...

yay! new writing from you...and an internet connection for me than isn't timed! I like it.